When you are researching unique and fun wedding planning ideas, you're bound to come across lots of cute signs with clever phrases being used for wedding decor. These are wonderful for conveying romance, humor, and in many cases, important information your wedding guests need to know.
Today, WhereBridesGo.com has gathered a few phrases we love that you may want to incorporate into different aspects of your ceremony and reception. Many of these are even available pre-printed and ready to use in our online wedding store!
You can place signs in easy-to-see areas that offer helpful information for all of the guests. It's a wonderful way to let everyone know all at once without having to repeat the information over and over.
These signs can give directions to different areas of the wedding, tell them where to place gifts and cards, and even let everyone know if you prefer an "unplugged" ceremony.
- "Welcome to our love story."
- "Welcome to our happily ever after."
- "Vows Here 👉 - Dancing There👈 - Love Everywhere! 👉☝👈👇"
- Pick a seat, not a side. We'll all be family once the knot is tied."
- "Friends of the bride & groom, please sit together. There's plenty of room."
- "Pick a seat, not a side. You are loved by both groom & bride."
- "You can find your seat here, but your place is on the dance floor!"
- "If your name is not here, it means you are crashing our wedding... You'd better be funny!"
If you would like for everyone at your wedding to take lots of pictures and share them all in one place for everyone to see, a wedding hashtag is very helpful. You can find wedding hashtag generators online if you need some creative help coming up with one.
Be sure to display the hashtag in all areas where photos are likely to be taken, like at a photo booth or near the cake and you can even post it in your wedding program. Here are a few sayings to add to your hashtag plus some fun photo slogans.
- "If you Instagram, please use # (fill in the blank)"
- "Oh snap!"
- "Shoot it - Share it - Hashtag it!"
- "Grab a prop & strike a pose."
- "Drink responsibly. This wedding is being heavily photographed & all drunken shenanigans will be well-documented & thoroughly mocked for years to come!"
Here Comes the Bride
Traditionally, the flower girl drops petals down the aisle to prepare it for the bride's entrance. Today, many couples also choose to have signs carried down the aisle with adorable, and often funny, sayings to entertain the guests.
- "Happily ever after starts now!"
- Here comes the love of your life."
- "Hey (groom's name), here comes your girl!"
- "Has anyone seen the rings?"
- "...the adventure begins!" (for someone to carry down the aisle after the I do's!)
Mr. & Mrs.
It's usually very obvious which seats are meant for the bride and groom at the wedding reception. Still, it makes those seats a little more special when you label them in some way. Even simple titles like "Mr. & Mrs." or "Bride & Groom" add a bit of elegance to the overall look.
- "Her One" & "His Only"
- "I Do" & "I Do What She Says"
- "Her Captain" & "His First Mate"
- "Mr. Right" & "Mrs. Always Right"
If your wedding reception will have any type of buffet, it's nice to have the different foods labeled. Even if you don't label each individual dish, you may want to label different areas around the room. Let everyone easily know where desserts can be found, pre-dinner appetizers, drinks, etc...
- "Love is sweet, so take a treat."
- "All you need is love... and dessert!"
- "Let them eat cake!"
- "Eat, drink, & be married."
- "Cheers to love, laughter, & happily ever after."
- " 'Trust me, you can dance.' ~Vodka"
- "ALCOHOL - because no great story ever started with someone eating a salad."
There are quite a few wonderful sayings that look lovely placed anywhere at a wedding. Here are some of our favorites.
- "Best Day Ever!"
- "All you need is love."
- "Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairy tale."
- "Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite!"
Those are just a few wedding sign ideas to get you started. Find all of the signs pictured in today's blog, along with many more wedding decorations online, at www.WhereBridesGo.com. If you need it for the wedding, you're probably going to find it there!
~The WhereBridesGo.com Team
Post by Deanna Powell, Certified Bridal Consultant